Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I'm a khala again!!!

Congrats to Asma and Habib Bhai on the arrival of their beautiful baby girl early this morning! "Guriya" (name yet to be determined) came into this world at 2:20 am and both mom and daughter are healthly Masha'Allah. I'm so excited!!! I now have another kid to spoil and play with and when I go to Chicago I'm going to hog her and not give her to anyone!!! And Ibrahim finally has a little cousin to play with! I can't wait to see pictures and see who she looks like. She's kinda early though, she was supposed to come on April 29th, but I guess she couldn't wait to come into this world! Well after 5 boys of the new generation being born into the khandaan there is finally a girl =P . You all know me, I love kids and Asma's kid is especially good news to me. It's sometimes hard to believe how times have changed so much, and how people that you grew up with are at such different stages of life. I still remember when we were kids...the first time we all met, late night parties where I always got in trouble...secret videotapes haha, tim hortons and pizza pizza at 2 am!!! And the "angoori girls" lol...now we have a mini addition! I think back at the memories that we all had and the "good ol' days"...but then I realize that they're fun to remember, but there are many more to come! (Insha'Allah) Sometimes its sad to think that as life goes on so many things change and people are so caught up in their own thing but at the same time you're happy for them because they're happy. I remember the joy and excitement we used to have going to Chicago and looking forward to staying up all night, raiding the kitchen at 4 am and sleeping by 6 till 12 in the afternoon and wasting the whole day lol. Whoops there I go down memory lane again. That's enough sappiness for today =P Back to Guriya...I can't wait to see her!!! I feel like going to Chicago now..maybe I will...oh wait exams...ahhhhhh I guess this khala will have to wait a bit to see her :( Once again congrats and welcome baby Guriya!!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats shazia khala... so now theres another kid that will look up to you... rather... at you. for now that is... but soon they will be looking down :P...

April 13, 2005 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes and im an uncle. your rite first girl in the new generation, got 5 or so boyz, 2 of which i have yet to see. ohh but this should be fun. ohh and u do know she'll like me more then u....just like everyone else.

April 13, 2005 9:13 PM  
Blogger RandomLiterati said...

LOL yeah I know it'll be no time before the kids will be at least eye level with me...ah what can I say, at least "choti khala" will be their favorite...yes that is what they're going to call me when they grow up =P And they're going to like ME the best...I don't recall Ibrahim being stuck to YOU at any time Irfan...so too bad. All the kids like me better than you! They think you're scary...I don't blame them...

April 13, 2005 9:28 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

Some serious sibling rivalry going on in the comments section between Irfan and Shazia... hmm, maybe I should get some popcorn.

April 13, 2005 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Asma and Habib bhai!! Thats such good news!! And congrats to you too Shazi Khala...make sure you send me pictures of Guriya!

Romz

April 13, 2005 10:17 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

Congrats Shazi! Though we know you'll spoil her like crazy, there isn't a person around who would make a better choti khala than you would (other than mine :P)!!! Make sure to post a picture of the cutie when you get a chance (don't worry, I'll show you how!)

April 14, 2005 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home