Thursday, May 26, 2005

Morning Weirdness...

Okay so you know how sometimes in the morning you're REALLY sleepy and grouchy and you don't want to deal with any crap but somehow you come across it and you have to? Well this was one of those mornings. All I wanted was a coffee from Tim Horton's to wake up on my way in. But there's this guy that works at the Tim's in the hospital who's really weird and I try to avoid him as much as I can. But today I couldn't. Here's what the conversation went like:

Me: "Hi, can I get a medium coffee, double milk no sugar please"
Guy: "No sugar?!? Whyyyyyyyyyyy?"
Me: *looks at him strange*"Because I need to wake up?"
Guy: "I know people think I'm "special"...I know because they roll their eyes at me, just like you did"
Me: "Huh? I didn't roll my eyes at you!"
Guy: "Yes you did"
Me: "No I didn't!"
Guy: "Sure, sure. That's $1.20"
Me: *Gives $10.20*
Guy: "Ok thanks bye see you next time!" *doesn't give change*
Me: *waiting for change confused...and grouchy*
Guy: "Just kidding, here you go" *hands over change, but as I go to take the change he pulls his hand back 3 or 4 times, thinking its hilarious each time. Finally I get my change and leave*

Had it lasted any longer I might have either left my coffee and taken off or thrown the coffee back at him. In any case, I wonder now if I go for my morning coffee whether he's going to remember me as the one who thinks he's "special". That'll really make my mornings. Lesson of the day: don't mess with me early in the morning...I just might bite.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has started!!! Remember last summer when u had the same kinda weird stuff happen to you to and from work...you ran into like a zillion weirdos throughout the summer or had the most bizzar things happen to you...well it seems as though it's starting all over again! Lol but keep us posted on more of these stories...they're quite entertaining :P

PS: I miss online antashari :(

May 26, 2005 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Shazia has a not-so-secret-admirer. And he's weird. Jori achi baney gee.

- Anonymous

May 26, 2005 11:22 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

I thought you bite no matter what time of day it is? No? OHHH maybe it's just the PEN STABBING that innocent bystanders should be afraid of at all times.

I'll come visit you at work soon Shaz and tell your weirdo about the pen stabbing story...the next morning he'll be bringing you your coffee to your office. And I'll explain that Shaz doesn't roll her eyes, she just gives The Look O_-

Seriously though, no sugar? Not even a sweetner?

May 27, 2005 12:09 AM  
Blogger AKA said...

But you have to admit...the whole pulling his hand back a few times thing is funny...because you kept falling for it! Next time just hold out your hand and wait i think he'll tire himself out :p

May 27, 2005 12:12 AM  
Blogger Asmaa said...

Man, I hate it when people do that. It's incredibly annoying. Like the 7 11 guy asking "vhere are you from?!" with a silly grin on his face. grrrr...

May 27, 2005 11:30 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :D

aww Shazia that is soo annoying! What an immature guy. But I'll keep that in mind, if i ever see you in the morning, ill just pass you some coffee, no questions asked!

June 04, 2005 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home