Saturday, April 30, 2005

Weird Stuff...

Today has been one of those "weird" days. Meaning strange things have been happening, I don't know...maybe it's just me. (And I know that's what most of you are thinking too) So anyways, it started this morning when I was on my way to work. I pull out of my driveway, and I'm getting ready to drive down the street when I see this goose standing in the middle of the road. Yes that's right...a real live Canada Goose. And for those of you who have seen my street, you know its not too wide, so it wasn't as if i could drive around it. And obviously I can't run it over either. So I'm just sitting there, in the middle of the street wondering what to do. It was just standing, facing the houses, oblivious to the fact that I'm right there. Thinking that I'm going to get late for work, I decide to honk at it so maybe it'll give it the hint to move. The goose then slowly turned and faced my car, and I thought "uh oh". It had this look, and I couldn't tell whether it took the car honking as a mating call or whether it was going to attack my car. It just stood there for a good two minutes just facing the car not moving. Finally it slowly walked off to the side. Poor goose, it was probably confused whether it was summer or whether it had flown back too early and it was still winter. And I was late for work. Thanks a lot goose.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just wanted to play
duck duck goose :)

how could you not know that !!!!!!

faisal.

May 01, 2005 3:38 PM  
Blogger RandomLiterati said...

So what, I'm a duck??? =P

Guess what...I had another goose incident today. This time it was freaky. I was walking and this goose comes out of nowhere and it starts walking towards me and it was hissing. Maybe the other goose told it what happened :S

May 02, 2005 8:17 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

LOL

Poor Shaz, no luck with geese. What if it wad the same goose, Shaz? And the hissing could be another part of the mating ritual...or he was mad because you didnt play duck duck goose with him. I never though geese could hiss...!?

May 02, 2005 8:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Shazia turned the sweet Cdn geese evil!!! How could you?! All it wanted to do was play and make friendship with you... see why ppl make fun of Hydros! ;)

May 03, 2005 10:16 AM  
Blogger Shoilee Khan said...

Shazia...it was looking for a mate and it found you...then it came back the next day and hissed realizing things just weren't going to work out...

Shoilee :)

May 04, 2005 12:55 AM  
Blogger Nauman said...

A geese hissing at you, eh? That doesn't sound too good... that might be a sign or omen of upcoming bad fortune or something.

Here's what I suggest based on what they did in some Hindu village in India, to get rid of a bad omen:

1) Find two trees on your street.
2) Dress the trees up.
3) Have an elaborate wedding for
the two trees in traditional
Hindu matrimonial fashion.

That might help ward off this geese problem of yours. :)

May 04, 2005 11:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You know what else they do in Hindu villages to ward off bad omens... I'm sure u guys heard of it when it happened... they marry dogs! hahaha... Fight the urge to do this one Shaz! :P

May 05, 2005 8:09 AM  
Blogger AKA said...

OR the geese could be just geese since there's no such thing as a bad omen and the person least to have bad luck inshAllah is our Shaz :)

but I still think it's mad because you dissed it's mating advances ;)

May 05, 2005 12:48 PM  
Blogger Nauman said...

I thought about mentioning the "marrying a dog" ritual that they do in Hindu villages to ward off bad omens but I figured that I'd let that one go since it's not in Shazia's best interest. If she rejected the goose and its mating rituals and married a dog instead, that goose may want revenge and try to kill the dog. It'd become an all-out turf-war in the animal kingdom over Shazia...

May 05, 2005 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you're saying that either Shazia is an animal or would marry one? I can only assume you meant that as some type of joke, however I do think this little scenario has been taken too far.

May 09, 2005 4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home