Sunday, April 24, 2005

A little is a lot...

So my weekends mostly go into working at the pharmacy, and its usually fairly mediocre...nothing too exciting and nothing too boring either. If its busy then you don't really think about much else, but of course you do get irate quite often with some patients that come in. Anyways, today was one of those days where sort of the opposite happened. My pharmacist and I were working in the morning and some of our regular patients were passing through the store. They're an elderly Muslim couple who are among the nicest people I have ever met Masha'Allah. They always come and say salaam to me and they call me beta, they ask me how school is and tell me how proud they are...they're Masha'Allah amazing people. Everyone in the pharmacy loves them. Anyways, today they were passing through and we didn't get a chance to talk to them as usual because it was busy and I guess we were flustered and rushing so they didn't want to disturb us. So they said salaam and just left. About an hour later they come back in and they're holding three bouquets of flowers...one for each of us working there. It was the nicest surprise! They said how we looked stressed and we weren't smiling so they thought they would try and cheer us up and how they always want to see us smiling. Well, it worked. It's so nice to know that there are still people out there who care about the happiness of others and would go out of their way to see to that. It was such a sweet yet simple gesture that changed the attitude of the whole day. That is until I dropped the big bottle of Metamucil I was getting for a prescription on my toe. Ask Khadeeja...she was there when it happened and saw me hopping in pain, and she heard me say how I was planning on suing Pharma Plus and going on workman's comp. Somehow I don't think it'll work though...ah well it might have.

6 Comments:

Blogger AKA said...

Poor Shaz and her toe...yes I witnessed the horrific incident today. Shaz, together we can sure Pharma Plus dont you worry! (Just give me about 3 years to insh'Allah get in and out of law school :p)

April 25, 2005 12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that was really nice of them...

i used to work in retail, and i had really rotten days sometimes... but noone ever came around to give me flowers :( ...

one question tho: why do they call u 'beta' and not 'beti'?

April 25, 2005 12:43 AM  
Blogger AKA said...

they mean "child" rather than "son" when they call her beta...

April 25, 2005 1:15 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Shaziaa... always hurting her feet, one way or the other :P

And ur right... they are soo sweet! I can't believe they bought u guys flowers.. they never buy me flowers :( But Uncle guy always comes and says Salaams.. he knows my Daddio eh?

Pop some advil for the toe.. way to go Deej.. u distracted her with ur gorgeous (mashAllah) hair ;)

April 25, 2005 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't get flowers at work either... not fair... all my customers do is get their children to call me aunty :( and others ask me how many kids i have!!!!

April 25, 2005 6:16 PM  
Blogger RandomLiterati said...

Lol Sarah you're absolutely right...I always injure my feet. Every 6 months too...i think I was about due as well. Your dad was right when he said I should put an alarm on it =P

It was such a sweet gesture by them bringing the flowers and I was really touched. I think its one of those "acts of kindness" that I'll always remember.

Hmmm I wonder who it is that gets called auntie...and I wonder WHY =P just kidding you dont look that old...yet...

April 25, 2005 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home