Monday, October 24, 2005

Guess who's back...back again...

Okay, I'll stop there. Anyways, it has been a while since I posted anything, almost 4 months to be exact. Things just got so hectic in the summer and then kind of continued, so I didn't have a chance. Besides, I enjoyed reading other people's blogs! Part of the problem too, is that I don't know what to blog about. It's not that I don't have anything to say (and I know this will spawn so many comments so all of you, just be quiet!) it's just I don't know if people really want to hear about it. But in any case, I will try to update and keep updated as much as possible. So let's see what has been going on as of late: (I feel like a newscaster)

So the Summer of Endless Weddings has come to an end. Okay, so not quite. They're still continuing, but that's what kept me busy most of the summer. That and work (and work). But overall I'd say it was a good summer. But it's over. Too bad.

Ramadan has started! For those fasting, I hope you all have a blessed month, Insha'Allah (God-willing) Well now it's almost over, but there are so many blessings in the last 10 days, so let's all try to make the most of it. This month seems to have gone by so fast, I'm sure most of us haven't even noticed where the time went. But even within this blessed month we saw tragedy with the earthquake in Pakistan, with the lives of so many lost, and so many more left homeless and shattered. But for the people who passed away, they were truly blessed to acheive martyrdom in this auspicious month, while they were fasting. Lets not forget them in our prayers, and let's pray for the survivors that they have ease in rebuilding their lives, Insha'Allah. Also, don't forget to check out Khadeeja's blog for links on how you can help.

The earthquake wasn't the only tragedy that we saw as of late. Hurricaines Ophelia, Rita and most of all Katrina created havoc and devastation in the States. It was interesting because I remember around the time of Katrina, I heard a rabbi on TV claim that Katrina was in retribution for the USA's involvement in the Gaza pullout and to the destruction of Jewish land. At the same time a Muslim cleric said that it was because the US destroyed so many Islamic countries that it was being destroyed in return-the whole "what goes around, comes around" philosophy. Then you had the evangelists say that it was because the US is beginning to allow homosexuality, and people are facing a punishment similar to that of Sodom and Gomorrah. I think whatever the reason is, God alone knows and we should leave it at that.

On a different note, how many people have tried hi5? I can't remember who first initiated it, but I find myself logging on every so often, adding people that I haven't talked to in years (and probably won't talk to) and just checking up profiles- very reminiscent of Naseeb. (Who still goes on that by the way?) I blame Natasha, who says something and it sparks my curiousity so I have to log on and check it out...thanks a lot Tash! But I can't totally blame her as being my distraction at work. But now there are so many spin-offs that I can't even keep track, and I refuse to join. You're going to to have the same people on your list anyways!!! Nope, forget it. I refuse to give in! hi5 is bad enough...

So I'm kind of rambling on. So it wasn't the greatest first post, but I'm sure I'll have something more substantial to blog about next time. I could talk about how I'm really starting to feel old, my cat, or how Khadeeja is trying to get me hooked onto eBay. Stop it, I don't want to waste more money shopping!!! Anyways, in the words of Bugs Bunny: "That's all folks!" (for now)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so u FINALLY! updated u'r blog!... it was a good post (i actually read the whole thing)... about hi5, yeah i go on ... sometimes... weird people on it tho... i got this email the other day... the email went something like "hello, i saw your profile"... arr?... how do i respond that?...haha... weird i tell u!

October 24, 2005 4:23 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

By the end of this year I'm going to make you buy something off of eBay :D

C'mon, think of all the pretty things...

hi5 is okay...I log on now and then when someone adds me. I got a strange email from someone who says they were in gr 12 English with me and wanted to catch up - but I have NO clue who it is...!

Anyways, welcome back to the world o' blogging! It's been way too long, and I hope we don't have another extended delay!

October 24, 2005 11:50 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

finallement! I got sick of seeing that guy on the horse.. or was it an elephant.

October 25, 2005 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmmm...i must be really sick of studying to be here.

ohh yea, ebay rules, hi5 sux.

October 25, 2005 5:49 PM  
Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum Shazia!!

hahaha Oh mann ... my cousin made me join hi5, I was finally over naseeb and now, back into the game. Though I'm happy to say, hi5 isn't all that exciting, except when you see people that were in your gr 3 class (aww)

Anyways, hope you're having a very blessed Ramadan, remember me in ur du'as pweeze! :D

October 25, 2005 9:13 PM  
Blogger AKA said...

YAY for Irfan!!!

See this is why Irfan is the cooler sibling...he knows about eBay and why it's so great :D

October 25, 2005 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home